The opinion of the court was delivered by: Patty Shwartz United States Magistrate Judge
PRETRIAL SCHEDULING ORDER
THIS MATTER having come before the Court for a scheduling conference pursuant to Rule 16 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure on July 19, 2011; and for good cause shown,
IT IS on this 19th day of July, 2011 ORDERED THAT:
1. If the parteies agree to participate in private mediation, then the parties shall provide the Court with the name of the mediator no later than July 29, 2011. If the parties seek to participate in mediation pursuant to L. Civ. R. 301.1, then they shall submit a letter requesting a referral to court-annexed mediation using a mediator on the Court's list.; and
2. The plaintiff shall produce its RICO case statement no later than August 19, 2011.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED THAT:
1. There shall be telephone status conferences before the Undersigned on September 28, 2011 at 9:30 a.m. and November 28, 2011 at 9:30 a.m. Plaintiff shall initiate the telephone calls.
2. a. There will be a settlement conference before the Undersigned on January 10, 2012 at 11:00 a.m.
b. Trial counsel and clients with full settlement authority are required to appear at the conference and they shall confirm their availability to appear on the date of the conference by filing a letter no later than December 20, 2011 . Absent exceptional, unforeseen personal circumstances, the confirmed settlement conference will not be adjourned.
c. If the trial counsel and client with full settlement authority do not appear, the settlement conference may be cancelled or rescheduled and the noncompliant party and/or attorney may be sanctioned, which may include an assessment of the costs and expenses incurred by those parties who appeared as directed.
d. No later than December 20, 2011, each party should submit a confidential memorandum to the Court, not to exceed 5 pages, summarizing the relevant facts, the respective legal positions, status of the case, and the client's position on settlement.
3. The final pretrial conference shall be conducted pursuant to Fed. R. Civ. P. 16(d) on June 27, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. The Final Pretrial Conference will occur even if there are dispositive motions pending. The Court will adjourn the Final Pretrial conference only if the requesting party makes a ...