IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF NEW JERSEY
December 9, 2008
THE PRUDENTIAL INSURANCE COMPANY OF AMERICA, PLAINTIFF,
CHRISTINA GEGENHEIMER, ET AL., DEFENDANTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Jerome B. Simandle United States District Judge
HONORABLE JEROME B. SIMANDLE
Plaintiff Prudential Insurance Company of American ("Plaintiff") having submitted this interpleader complaint against Defendants Christina Gegenheimer, Michele L. Gegenheimer, ("Defendant Michele"), Emily Hogan ("Defendant Hogan"), and Tina L. Miller, seeking resolution of disputed claims for a death benefit, and it appearing that:
1. Defendant Michele is a minor. (Compl. ¶ 4; Def. Hogan Answer at 5.)
2. Defendant Hogan is the mother of Defendant Michele. (Compl. ¶ 3; Def. Hogan Answer at 5.)
3. Defendant Hogan asks that all proceeds from the death benefit be paid to Defendant Michele's trustees. (Def. Hogan Answer at 3.)
4. Both Plaintiff and Defendant Hogan ask that the Court appoint Defendant Hogan as guardian ad litem for Defendant Michele pursuant to Rule 17(c), Fed. R. Civ. P. (Compl. at 5; Def. Hogan Answer at 3.)
5. There is no conflict of interest between Defendant Hogan and Defendant Michele.
THEREFORE, IT IS this 9th day of December, 2008 hereby
ORDERED that Defendant Emily Hogan be appointed guardian ad litem for minor Defendant Michele L. Gegenheimer pursuant to Rule 17(c), Fed. R. Civ. P..
© 1992-2008 VersusLaw Inc.