The opinion of the court was delivered by: Patty Shwartz United States Magistrate Judge
ORDER ON INFORMAL APPLICATION & THIRD AMENDED PRETRIAL SCHEDULING ORDER
THIS MATTER having come before the Court for a telephone status conference on the record on October 22, 2008; and the parties advising the Court of the status of discovery and the need to extend deadlines associated with class certification discovery and motion practice only; and for the reasons discussed on the record; and for good cause shown,
IT IS on this 22nd day of October, 2008,
The request to extend the deadlines associated with class certification discovery and motion practice is granted as set forth herein;
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED THAT:
1. There shall be a telephone status conference as follows:
Date of Call Party to Initiate February 11, 2009 at 3:00 p.m. Defendant
2. There will be a settlement conference before the Undersigned on TO BE SET. Five (5) business days before the conference, each party should submit a confidential memorandum to the Court, not to exceed 5 pages, summarizing the relevant facts, the respective legal positions, status of the case, and the client's position on settlement. Trial Counsel and clients with full settlement authority must attend the conference. If the trial counsel and client with full settlement authority do not appear, the settlement conference may be cancelled or rescheduled and the noncompliant party and/or attorney may be sanctioned, which may include an assessment of the costs and expenses incurred by those parties who appeared as directed.
3. A final pretrial conference shall be conducted pursuant to Fed. R. Civ. P. 16(d) on June 30, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. The Final Pretrial Conference will occur even if there are dispositive motions pending. The Court will adjourn the Final Pretrial conference only if the requesting party makes a compelling showing that manifest injustice would otherwise result absent adjournment.
II. DISCOVERY AND MOTION PRACTICE
4. Fed. R. Civ. P. 26 disclosures are to be exchanged on or before completed.
5. Events necessary to engage in meaningful settlement discussions: resolution of ...