On appeal from Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division, Essex County, L-5264-00.
Before Judges Stern, Collester and Fall.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Collester, J.A.D.
NOT FOR PUBLICATION WITHOUT THE APPROVAL OF THE APPELLATE DIVISION
Appellant Jill Iris Bacharach appeals from a judgment of the Law Division, Essex County, denying her application for a change of name pursuant to N.J.S.A. 2A:52-1. We reverse.
On May 26, 2000, plaintiff filed her verified complaint in compliance with R. 4:72-1 alleging in pertinent part the following:
5. There are no pending criminal charges against plaintiff. Plaintiff has never been convicted of a crime.
6. Plaintiff has never been bankrupt, and no bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings have ever been instituted affecting her.
7. There are no judgments, unsatisfied of record against the plaintiff and no suits are pending against her.
8. This application is not being made with the intent to avoid creditors or criminal prosecution or for other fraudulent purposes.
9. No previous application has ever been made by the petitioner for leave to assume another name.
10. The petitioner desires to assume the name of: JILL IRIS BACHARACH-BORDMAN.
11. The reason the petitioner desires to assume this new name is as follows:
(a) Plaintiff wishes to assume the name of her life-partner as ...